Sunday, August 30, 2009

Little Thumb Sucker!

I knew about Kai's secret obsession with his thumb long before he actually figured out how to get it in his mouth...he has been attempting this feat since day 1, as evidenced by him constantly shoving his entire fist into his mouth and occassionally punching himself in the nose. A few weeks ago he was able to master the thumb alone, and spends a majority of his days (and nights) indulging in this new found vice. Darin isn't sure how he feels about Kai's new habit, as he doesn't want to pay Kai's dental bills when his teeth are all messed up, but I on the other hand LOVE it...he puts himself back to sleep at night, so his mom is spending less time helping him get back to sleep, and check out these pictures...what a cutie!




5 comments:

Rochelle said...

He is changing so much...he is so sweet!! I just wish I could hold him! And don't worry, if it isn't dental bills, it will be bribery $$ to get rid of his little habit later on :-) I was so jealous when I was younger and my sister got all these amazing toys b/c she quick sucking her thumb when she was 4. And what did I get?...nada. I was just a binkie baby...no bribery involved, just yanked it away at a year old...Sheesh. :-) Miss you guys!

Joelle said...

So so cute! That last photo is my favorite

Dan and Anne said...

He Looks so big! I love the thumb sucking even if his dad doesn't. Just make sure he isn't the weirdo in kindergarten that is still sucking their thumb!

The Duckers said...

CUTE!!! Tessa would occasionally suck her thumb, but ever since the end of August she is definitely a thumb sucker. The only problem I have with it is, it's harder to get rid of over the binky. He sure is cute though, and I totally agree, is so adorable when they're doing it!

The Wi Family said...

He's so cute! I was a thumb sucker and I turned out okay :)