Thursday, August 13, 2009

SEWING???

My sister in-law was visiting from California several weeks ago, and she had the cutest blanket for her little son, I asked where I could get the same one, and she told me that her sister had made it, but fortunatetly she new where I could get the material...I laughed a little at this thought (making the blanket myself), but then Darin and I were at Ikea a couple weeks ago, and I saw the fabric. I purchased a few yards, and Darin put together the sewing machine my mom gave me when I graduated with my bachelors degree (he literally set up all the thread and everything), and I was on my way to a "copy-cat" blanket. Here are the precious fruits of my labor. :)




9 comments:

Joe and Ash said...

Wow, Mindy. So domesticated....

Nice job - the blanket is so cute. I wonder if you've found a new hobby? I love that Darin set up the machine, he is such a good guy.

Love you!

Joe and Ash

Joelle said...

I've seen this in real life - SO CUTE!

Onjali P. said...

way to go mindy! I love that Owen and Kai have matching blankets. They are best friends already!

Cindy said...

Great job Mindy!!!

stephanie from texas said...

sis pumpernickel!

Kevin is the one that always sets my machine up too. He is the bobbin man!

Stephanie

Tyler said...

You have serious SKILLZ!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

NICE work!! I'm very impressed. Very cute fabric! I'm going to have to visit Ikea I guess now. :) Isn't sewing fun?! It's kind of relaxing for me. But I'm not any good, I just enjoy it. lol

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Oh, and also, Erik set up my first sewing machine too!! Good thing we have husbands to teach us these things.

The Wi Family said...

Way to go Mindy!! Isn't amazing what being a Mom makes you want to do...I felt it was a right of passage or something that I had to make my girls at least one thing. The blanket is adorable! Looks even cuter when it's being snuggled in :)