Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas in Florida

Darin and I have made a tradition of getting out of Utah for as long as we can over the holidays. When we were engaged we spent Christmas in Southern California, last year we were in Hawaii, and this year we spent Christmas with my family in Ft. Lauderdale Florida...I don't know why we always leave during the holidays, it's January that I really need to escape from the cold. :)

My favorite part about this trip was of course the niece and nephew I got to play with for 8 days straight. Todd's daughter is Evee and she is 16 months with a new brother on the way. Anne's son is Beckett, and the kid is as happy as any baby you could ever meet, but his 4 teeth are razor sharp and my sister thinks it's funny to watch him bite me...it's not so funny! :)

Besides hanging out with Beckett and Evee we spent time shopping (I only bought stuff for the baby...Darin didn't think I could do it, but he doesn't know how NOT fun it is to try on clothes while you're pregnant), toured the Everglades, and spent lots and lots of time at the beach.










8 comments:

Dan and Anne said...

Beckett was offended that you only thought he had 4 teeth... he has 6 and for that mistake he said he was going to give you a true showing of what those little teeth can do! Happy Birthday!

5 Brothers Farms said...

Hey! Just wanted to wish you a happy BIRTHDAY! (Just a day late!) Thinking of you, and love you!!!

Lisa said...

I am sooo excited that you're pregnant! Do you have any names picked out? Looks like you had a good time in FL. I love living here. The weather is perfect all year round! Keep me updated on your pregnancy!

The M's said...

Hi Mindy,
I'm so excited that I found your blog page. It's me...Amanda. I got married in 06 so obviously my last named changed :)
First of all Congratulations!!! I am so very happy for you! Marriage is wonderful and to top it off having a baby makes it even better!
You are tooo adoreable!
Hopefully we can stay in touch!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Oh my gosh, Mindy! How are you? Looks like you're doing great! Congrats on the pregnancy! So exciting, and you look GREAT!! So, next time you're in Seattle, you HAVE to call me! I'd love to see you! Is Trevor in Seattle? We're in Renton, on the eastside of Lake Washington. Glad to have found you! Marcie

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

I'd love to do lunch when you come in town! Here's my number: 208-841-4146 (yes, it's still an ID #! I'm a dork and don't want to change it)

Anie said...

Hey Mindy!!!! Thanks SO much for the comment!!!! It was so good to hear from you and to now be able to keep in touch through blogging!!! Don't worry, you'll get better once the baby comes! Before I had Madi I didn't understand blogging and thought it was a waste of time- things that only moms would do- right?!?! haha! Ya, I love it and LOVE being able to keep in touch!!! So PLEASE post again soon!!! :) I'm SUPER excited for you guys and your new babe on the way! Are you loving being pregnant!?! Are you feeling ok?!? You look and sound like you're doing GREAT!!!! Can't wait to hear more and see more pictures!!! Love you!

Lisa said...

Hey Mindy!
Little boys are fun...you should definitely be excited. I think boys are harder as far as the terrible two's go, but as for drama, girls are worse. For example, tonight Lindsay was bawling her eyes out cuz she's scared of snakes. Tyler was like, "Why are crying, Lindsay. You don't have to cry about everything!" Anyway, girls are more fun to dress, but they have some cute boy outfits out now too!

The problem with Emilee's blog is that it used to be THEmclinnclan.blogspot.com, but now it is just mcclinnclan.blogspot.com. She must have changed it and now the "The" is gone.