Thursday, December 10, 2009

DSIcation

Some of you may be wondering "What is a DSIcation?"  Well, I will tell you, DSI (Data Systems International) is the company Darin works for, and he often travels for work...well, this past weekend they agreed to send me and Kai with him to San Diego/Riverside, so we turned it into a mini vacation.  We were in San Diego for a couple of days and then headed up to Riverside.  My main goals for this 4 day trip were to EAT a lot of good food, spend time at the beach, sleep in and go shopping.  I admit I get a little carried away thinking I could spend time at the beach, sleep in and shop with an 8 month old...but I sure did EAT a lot! (1 out of 4 is pretty good) Check out all the fun we had...

After an authentic Mexican lunch in OLD TOWN San Diego, we headed down to the pier and spent some time walking the boardwalk checking out the boats, pelicans, and seals.

Kai's favorite shop was a cute little bookstore, where a man was playing Jazz music with a saxophone and an oboe (he had a laptop with a digital band playing in the background)...Kai watched him for an hour and a half, and would have stayed all night if we didn't tear him away to go eat dinner.

However, he was still a pretty happy dude.

Coronada Island was our first destination Sunday morning...we spent the whole morning wandering around this 120 year old hotel admiring the old building, watching sail boats right off the beach, eating ice cream, and watching the kids iceskate on the rink behind the hotel.



 
The Hotel Decorations and outdoor courtyard were beautiful!

Kai enjoyed the Hotel, but mostly the sink...every day, for as long as I would let him.

The highlight of my trip was meeting up with Greg, a great friend I haven't seen in 10 years...we spent the whole night eating delicious food, reminiscing about old times, and catching up.  It was soooooo great to see him!

What a great trip...DSI can send us on vacation any time!

5 comments:

Dan and Anne said...

kai's little dimples sure are cute! They are definitely standing out! I'm jealous you got to go to CA, I hope you enjoyed some fatty food at Inn-N-Out for me... I love those fries!

Ps. I can't look at your blog without little fingers touching all over the screen, pointing at the "baby".

Joelle said...

So much fun! I love Kai's smile - so adorable

Rochelle said...

Love that little Kai! You guys are always doing something fun! And is that the Greg that used to live with your Dad...I vaguely remember that...how is he!??

Greg F. said...

Melinda!!! It was so good to see you this week. Darin is an awesome guy... and little Kai is so cute! What a great family you have. You definitely have to come back to Cali. Next time I go to Idaho, I'll be sure to get on long layover and we could do lunch. We still have so much to catch up on! Please tell everyone "hello" for me! :-)

Stephanie said...

Your son is so cute!