Wednesday, October 7, 2009

To Grandmother's house we go...

Last weekend we went to visit my Mom and Step Dad in Spokane Washington. Kai was in heaven with all of Grandma's kisses, toys, hugs, and candy (he doesn't eat solids...so his parents graciously comandeered it). It was so much fun to show Darin all of the houses I had lived in as a child, schools I went to, places I played at and visited, and most of all things I used to eat (we went to Tomatoe Street for delicious soup and bread pudding, great harvest for pastries, Zips for burgers and fries, and my Mom made her world famouse coffee cake the morning we left). It was GREAT!

Mom and I at Manito park...I used to come here when I was a little girl to play, and they have the most beautiful gardens.

Zips...just as good as I remembered.

Kai and Grandma liked zips too!

As soon as Kai got over his fear of Grandpa's mustache...he just couldn't get enough of it!

My mom discovered Hula Hooping as a great ab workout during commercials while she is watching football. I was amazed at how long she can keep it spinning. She left Darin and I in the dust!
This was Kai's reaction to the news that it was time to get back on the airplane and fly back home (away from Grandma).
We had a great time! Thanks grandma Judy and Grandpa Chuck!!

6 comments:

Dan and Anne said...

Oh Kai Kai, you are tooooo cute! I just want to love all over you!!! And I am so hungry now for ZIPS and it's only 8:45 in the morning. Do you think mom will mail me some if I ask? :)

Rochelle said...

Fun trip!! Kai is getting so big and he is so adorable!!! And, I want to go to Manito park next time we are in Spokane...haven't been there before and it looks beautiful.

Ashley said...

That looks like such a fun trip. You have such a fun family it looks like. Our blog is christiansencorner.blogspot.com

I would love to read your blog and I hope to see you at the library again. You look great and little Kai is a really cute little guy.

The Duckers said...

What a fun trip! I would love to see that hula hooping in person!! GO JUDITH!!! :o)
Glad you could get back home and visit. That's always fun to do.

Cierra said...

Mindy,
Kai is adorable! I hope I can meet him sometime soon. I'd love to keep in touch with you.

Tyler said...

I am so jealous you had Zips! And mother hula hooping! wow! what a weekend! looks like you all had fun, except for kai of course who was clearly missing me in that last picture.