Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Oh October...

I always dread October. First reason: it starts to get cold. Second reason: Week Without Violence. The first needs no explanation, the second, needs a little explaining. All 300 YWCA's in the country dedicate the third full week of October to educating the public on the effects of violence in our homes, communities and families. I am the Education Director, and therefore I spend all year planning this week of activities, events, public speeches, media interviews and a children's carnival. I love the actual week, but I don't love the 358 days leading up to the week...it's a lot of work. The week finished on Friday night, and I came home to flowers and my favorite candy from my two favorite guys...it was the best ending to a really successfull week! Now on to planning for next year.


4 comments:

Joelle said...

Great gifts! Great Photo! Where did you get the bedspread?

Tyler said...

You are lucky to have Darin! He sets a high expectation for men! and Kai seems to place the bar at an unreachable level! Glad to hear you got through your tough week!

Dan and Anne said...

Congrats on survival! What a good picture of Kai and Darin. Beckett just said he wants Kai to come visit... and by that I mean he just said his name so you should probably come!

Rochelle said...

Congrats on making it through the week! Enjoy that sweet baby and thoughtful husband!