Saturday, April 11, 2009

Kai Ray Patterson

He's here!!! Kai was born Thursday, April 9th, 2009. He weighed 6 pounds 10 ounces and he's 19 inches long. He is such a good baby, we couldn't be happier!








Our due date isn't until next Saturday (April 18th), but I went in for my regular doctor's appointment on Wednesday and she told me she wanted to induce me the next day because she still didn't feel like he was gaining enough wait, so she set up the induction and I went back to work. I worked until almost 10pm just trying to get caught up...When I left work I started having the worst back pain ever, and was up almost all night with back pain. When we got to the hospital at 7 am they hooked me up to the monitor and told me my contractions were 5 minutes apart and within 30 minutes they were 2 minutes apart. I was REALLY excited to see the anesthesiologist about a half hour later. :) We were in labor until 7:00pm and then I pushed for 23 minutes and he was out...

We are loving having him here, and are getting excited to take him home from the hospital. I have never loved anything as much as being his mom...but watching Darin be his Dad is a definite close second.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!! He is such a beautiful baby!!! Congratulations. I can't wait to see him in person. And I can't wait to see you too!!! Love you Mindy!!

Michelle said...

CONGRATS!!! He is beautiful!

Rochelle said...

Isn't it amazing how you can suddenly love that baby more than anything? He is beautiful! Can't wait to see more pictures and meet the little guy in person! Congratulations!! Enjoy all the newborn yumminess...it is the best.

Dan and Anne said...

congratulations! What about the part where he loves his Aunt Annie so much? Tell him I will bring him some easter candy when i get there... someone needs to help him!

TiAnn said...

CONGRATS! He's beautiful and perfect, how very very precious. There's nothing more sweet and special than a newborn. We're so happy for you guys!

Love ya.

The Duckers said...

He looks so perfect!!! Congratulations. I can see it in your face that you are one proud momma! As you should be.
We look forward to more pictures. :o)

The Wi Family said...

Congratulations again!!! He's adorable and I must say you look amazing for just having had a baby!!! Can you believe how instant that love is for YOUR baby!!! It just gets better. Enjoy! Love you tons!

tvmom said...

huge congrats!
lv, joni

Rich and Nickie said...

Congrats! He's beautiful. I've been checking your blog almost everyday awaiting his arrival....how exciting. Motherhood is wonderful...enjoy the journey!

Whitney said...

Congratulations Mindy! He's adorable. -Scott and Whitney

5 Brothers Farms said...

Thanks so much for keeping me updated...it's almost like I'm there holding him...almost.:) I am so happy for you and big D and seriously, cannot WAIT to kiss his little, preciously perfect face off.! LOVE YOU!!!

Joelle said...

He is a beauty! I'm so happy for you!!

Cynthia said...

Congratulations! What a cute baby!