Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ode to Doctor Metcalf

Last night we went to a retirement party for Kai's life-long pediatrician. Not only did we stand in line for an hour (their were at least 100 families there to say goodbye), but I definitely shed many tears when it was finally our turn to hug him and wish him well. Dr. Metcalf is the most caring and compassionate doctor I could ever have imagined for our son. I feel so sad about his retirement and subsequently our need to find a new pediatrician...no one will ever compare to Doctor Metcalf. We love you Dr. Metcalf!


4 comments:

What I Did Today said...

I can only imagine. I don't know what I'd do without our Dr. Michelle! She's a Godsend! Boy! Mr. Kai sure is looking like a toddler and not so baby-ish now!

Dan and Anne said...

A good pediatrician can be hard to find! We did not like our Utah one but found one out here that we love!!! He better not retire anytime soon or he may find I will be doing appointments at his house at my convenience. Good plan eh?

5 Brothers Farms said...

Oh man! SAD!! We had to say good-bye to our dear friend and pediatrician recently also...he moved North.:)Here's to amazing Docs!

TiAnn said...

Hey cousin, sorry to hear of your retiring pediatrician, hopefully you'll find a new one that you & Kai will love. Annie also told me that you need another invite to my blog. Sorry about that, it randomly kicks people off... really I swear. :) Send me an email so that I can re-invite you: tiannfinn @ hotmail.com