Monday, September 1, 2008

Democratic National Convention




So Darin and I were sitting around the house last Wednesday at about 10:30 pm watching the commentary on Bill Clinton and Joe Biden's speeches at the DNC, and decided to be a little spontaneous. We jumped in our car and drove until 4:00 am where we stopped and slept for a few hours and then drove the rest of the way to Denver. We had an amazing time walking around talking to other Obama supporters, listening to bands and standing in line...We really enjoyed Al Gores speech, and LOVED Obama's acceptance speech, however I did not love that we drove back right after his speech and got home at 4:00 in the morning just in time to go to work at 8:00. We are both spending as much time as we can this fall volunteering for the campaign, but with Darin in School full time and working full time, and me in my busiest season of the year at work and teaching 2 classess at Salt Lake Community College we are a little limited.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you started a blog! I have seriously been wondering where the heck you have been and what you been up to! It definitely helps to stay updated on everyone's lives! I'm glad you and Darin are having so much fun! Jon and I have been to italy twice, but I am dying to go to Spain! What a fun trip!
Lisa
Check us out at http://lisababe23.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! FINALLY!:) It looks like you guys had waaay too much without me! And, I still can't decide which one of you is cuter...Darin or Mindy Sue. Love you guys!

Rochelle said...

Your trip to Europe looks amazing! I'm sure it was so nice to get away!! Glad you are blogger! Miss you guys!

The Wi Family said...

YAY!!! It's soooo good to hear from you! Looks like you two are keeping busy and enjoying married life. The pictures from Europe are beautiful! And so are you! Here's our blog if you want to see what we're up to.
www.wherethewisatnow.blogspot.com
Love you tons!
Kristina

Anonymous said...

Here's the deal with blogs: You blog. Haha I'm kidding. I know you're busy...Just wanted to say "I HEART YOU!"
M

Rich and Nickie said...

Mindy....hi it's Nickie (from BYUH). How are you? Todd found me on facebook and I'm excited to track you down. I just got together with Ramona, Karena, and Tawni and your name came up and we were wondering what you were up to. I just created a blog this week and I'm amazed at how many people you find. So you are in Utah? I'm so jealous about your trip. We haven't been anywhere exciting lately. I would love to go to Rome. Someday when I make it there you'll have to suggest things to do. Well catch me up on life when you get the chance. Take care. P.S I put your blog address on my blog. I'll never be able to remember it unless I do so. Let me know if that's ok!